Home > A Typical Day at PTT
A Typical Day at PTT
Pacific Teen Treatment offers a highly intensive short-term program, typically lasting between 30 and 60 days. With a small client capacity of only six individuals, we focus on tailoring treatment to meet each client’s specific needs.
Our program provides individual therapy five days a week, as well as multiple daily group therapy sessions. To ensure a well-rounded experience, we also allocate three hours per day for school activities, engage in daily recreational pursuits, and offer non-therapeutic programming. We understand that therapy and emotions cannot dominate every waking moment, particularly considering that many teenagers enter our program feeling emotionally overwhelmed. We strive to create an environment where they can let their guard down, have fun, and recover from their struggles.
While being in treatment inherently comes with some monotony, we recognize the importance of incorporating variety into our daily schedule to keep our clients engaged. Below is an overview of a typical day at PTT:
- Morning routine: Clients wake up between 7-7:30 am, depending on their individual needs. They have time for breakfast, vital checks, and taking morning medications, if necessary.
- Morning process group: At 8:00 am, we gather for a group session to help clients reflect on and prepare for the day ahead.
- Structured school time: From 9 am to 12 pm, we dedicate this period to structured academic activities. Most clients continue their enrollment in their home school, and our Academic Coordinator collaborates with the client, their parents, and the outside school to coordinate academic work during their stay. For clients not currently enrolled in school, we have alternative ways to utilize this time effectively.
- Afternoon recreational activity: After lunch, between 1 pm and 3 pm, we engage in daily recreational activities. These include trips to the beach, hiking, personal trainer workouts, visits to the park, enjoying frozen yogurt, exploring Barnes and Noble, and other outings that provide a break from therapy.
- Intensive therapy time: From 3 pm to 6 pm, we focus on intensive therapy sessions, consisting of two group therapy sessions with breaks in between. These groups cover various topics, including process-oriented discussions, psychoeducation, and expressive arts therapies.
- Evening wind-down: After dinner, we aim to end the day on a positive note. Evening activities, such as yoga, meditation, writing/journaling groups, and movie nights, help clients relax and unwind. Although therapists are available if a client is struggling, our aim during this time is to avoid intensive therapy or emotional work, allowing clients to transition into a more relaxed state before bed.
- Individual and family therapy: Throughout the day, clients have opportunities for individual therapy sessions, scheduled at various times. We also arrange remote family therapy sessions to work around each family’s availability.
At Pacific Teen Treatment, we strive to provide a comprehensive and well-rounded treatment experience that is individualized to address the unique needs of each client.
WHO WE TREAT
Seeking help is never easy, but you are not alone! If you or someone you know is in need of mental health treatment, we strongly encourage you to reach out for help as quickly as possible. It is not uncommon for many mental health difficulties to impact a person’s life, long term. Seeking support at the beginning of one’s journey can put the individual in the best position to learn how to manage themselves in a healthy way so they can go on to live happy and fulfilling lives.
We are available to answer any questions you may have regarding mental health treatment and our residential program, anytime. Contact us today using the form to the right.