Residential Packing List
Entering residential treatment can be a difficult and stressful time for both parents and teenagers. In order to make the packing process simpler, we have put together a list of items that your teenager can bring to residential treatment.
The following is a list of items that we recommend as well as optional items clients can bring to treatment at PTT. We understand that clients sometimes will need to bring more than just the necessities with them, and if there is anything on this list that your child would like to bring, please feel free to consult with us.
What to pack
- Comfortable and age-appropriate clothing,
- Exercise clothes and gym shoes
- Comfortable tennis shoes for outings
- Appropriate bathing suit
- Approved prescribed medications (will be locked in office)
- Spending money (will be locked in office)
- Accessories: bags, backpacks, hats, sunglasses, jewelry
- Personal hygiene unpacked items: deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo/conditioner, hairbrush, feminine care products.
- Photos of family and/or friends (no glass picture frames)
- Appropriate reading materials, books, or magazines
- MP3 player or iPod with no camera, internet access or wifi capability
- Musical instruments
- Make up
- Hair dryer / Hair curler / Hair straightener
- Razors (will be allowed to check out and use in the mornings)
- Contact lenses and/or glasses & contact solution (if applicable)
- Journal (not spiral bound)
- Arts/Crafts supplies
- Stuffed animals
- School textbooks
- Water bottle
Do not bring
- Alcohol, illegal drugs, or unprescribed drugs
- Lighters, matches, candles
- Valuables (PTT will not be responsible for the damage or loss of any personal valuables)
- Revealing, “provocative” or inappropriate clothing (low cut shirts, strapless tops, super short shorts or dresses, clothes promoting drugs/violence/discrimination)
Upon arrival at Pacific Teen Treatment, clients’ luggage is searched by a staff member in order to maintain a safe environment for all clients and staff.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact our admissions team at 800-531-5769 or 310-579-7244