Cocaine, colloquially referred to as coke, is an illicit, highly addictive, fast-acting central nervous system stimulant. The United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) classifies cocaine as a Schedule II Substance, which is defined as a drug “with a high potential for abuse with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence.” Addiction, also known as substance use disorder (SUD), is listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) as a chronic, relapsing psychiatric disorder that is characterized by the persistent, compulsive, and uncontrolled use of a drug despite harmful consequences. A teenager that struggles with addiction will prioritize satisfying his or her drug cravings above all else. The development of substance use disorder does not occur immediately, nor will recovering from addiction be achieved instantaneously.
Residential Treatment Benefits
Residential treatment centers (RTC), also called rehabilitation centers, rehabs, or inpatient treatment facilities, provide live-in recovery programs for those in need. They require participants to reside at the treatment facility for the duration of the program. The path of recovery from cocaine addiction is not entirely linear, nor will it be the same for everyone. Nevertheless, there are several benefits associated with attending a residential treatment program, some of which include:
- Facilitates a fully immersive treatment experience: Inpatient rehabs provide a relatively controlled environment, free from drugs and alcohol, to enable its residents the ability to place sole focus on the recovery process, without being surrounded by unnecessary triggers and temptations.
- Delivers personalized support: Residential treatment programs recognize that everyone is different, and that each person will require a somewhat customized treatment plan when it comes to recovering from cocaine addiction. Tailored treatment plans are developed that incorporate the best possible therapeutic methods which are specifically geared to address each young person’s nuanced needs.
- Holistic healing by addressing all areas of one’s life: Inpatient treatment programs emphasize the importance of developing and practicing healthy daily habits including following a daily schedule, implementing daily relaxation techniques, regular exercise, nutritious diets, and obtaining ample nightly sleep.
- Access to round-the-clock care: Residents will have access to 24-hour professional support, in addition to being closely monitored and supported throughout the entire process.
- An excellent rate of success for long-term recovery: A Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) survey report notes that “the completion rate for people seeking drug and alcohol treatment was highest for those discharged from residential treatment.”
For Information and Support
Every family in need of mental health treatment must select a program that will best suit the needs of their family. When one member of a family struggles, it impacts everyone in the family unit. To maximize the benefits of treatment we work closely with the entire family to ensure that everyone is receiving the support they need through these difficult times. Seeking help is never easy, but you are not alone! If you or someone you know needs mental health treatment, we strongly encourage you to reach out for help as quickly as possible. It is not uncommon for many mental health difficulties to impact a person’s life, long term. Pursuing support at the beginning of one’s journey can put the individual in the best position to learn how to manage themselves in a healthy way so they can go on to live happy and fulfilling lives.
OUR KNOWLEDGEABLE ADMISSIONS TEAM CAN BE REACHED 24/7 AT INFO@PACIFICRTC.COM OR CALL: (866) 602-5512